Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time seems to be getting a little tedious. For a while, I stopped going to bed thinking, "Another day is over," but I'm back to that again every night. In a way it feels like we are getting down to the wire, but at the same time it also seems like we have a long way to go. I think it is a kind of transition phase; we are transitioning from the middle of the deployment to the beginning of the end. Seven weeks seems like nothing, really, but thinking that we still have almost 2 months left makes it seem like such a long time. I just want it to be over now. I am tired of being a single parent and would love to be in my own house with my own stuff. I would love to leave dishes in the sink and not feel bad, and I would love to be able to vaccuum my own floors in my own house. I would love to be able to go to sleep in my own bed, knowing that it wouldn't be long before Glenn could, too. I would love to stock up the fridge and the cupboard and eat a late-night signature kickin' turkey bagel sandwich and jalapeno chips and know that it wouldn't be long before I could make one for Glenn, too. And no, you're not getting the recipe. :)

I always remember, as I always have throughout this deployment, that we are lucky. If he were gone for 12 or 15 months, he wouldn't even be half done right now.

Now I want some jalapeno chips. So much for my diet.

No comments: